Wednesday 1 June 2022

A Very Scottish Breakfast

It was a large stylish room which was green and clean with potted plants and a TV mounted in a corner. There was a long counter with a closed hatch and in front of it were various cereals laid out for consumption. I got myself a hot coffee from the filter pot and settled down with a bowl and spoon. A nice lady greeted me and handed me a menu in a leather wallet. There seemed to be a genuine appreciation of my custom, although little conversation was made. I decided to go for the full fry-up. It arrived quite promptly, and while it wasn’t particularly memorable it was still substantial and tasty. The breakfast room was quite empty. I came down what I thought would have been peak time. Perhaps it was a slow weekend. There wasn’t even anyone at reception, so I left my key behind the desk and out I set. 

No comments:

Post a Comment