Saturday 18 June 2022

A Pirate's Life for Me

I had an event coming up which required me to dress like a pirate. Because I was going to be there for the whole weekend, I wanted something high-end. I found a tri-corner hat with fake hair containing dreadlock beads just like Jack Sparrow. As well as a plastic eye patch, there were also some plastic gold hoop earrings that I should have tied into the dreadlocks but instead I left these off thinking at the time that I needed pierced ears to wear these. I did attempt to grow a beard and moustache to add to the character but it turned out to be a bit scruffy and I shaved everything off the day after. It’s also been useful after the event as my niece has borrowed the hat and eyepatch, though I had to make her promise to take care of it and I struggled to get it back off her as she enjoys dressing up a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment