Sunday 5 June 2022

Ground Work

I parked the car on the hill. It cost me £3, and I could have got away with street parking if I’d thought about it, but it somehow felt more secure to be parked on the premises that I was visiting. A short walk down a well-laid path led me alongside a rail track, at the end of which was a large, metallic figure-of-eight. Below this was a marina, and next to this was a metallic pyramid-shaped building which was the visitor’s centre. I’d arrived a bit early and popped into the gift shop to get some souvenirs while it was still quiet to get the lay of the land of where I’d need to check in for my voyage. I found a lovely keyring and snapped it up right away. Then I decided to walk back up the hill to see the canal at the top end of the wheel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment