Tuesday 7 June 2022

Wheelie Good

Upstairs was a man-made lake complete with marshes that had begun to attract local wildlife. Just ahead was a tunnel with arches that looked as if it was going to zap something at the end. Behind me was a traditional canal tunnel. I would have liked to venture towards the end of the towpath but there were cameras up and I didn’t want them to give me an excuse to stop me riding the wheel. I headed back to the marina and joined the queue to board the boat. I managed to get a front seat so that I could get a good view of the wheel’s mechanism. I was surprised at how quiet it was. It was a shame that it was a foggy day otherwise I’d be able to see a bit further. But I’d definitely want to spend some time exploring the area around the wheel a bit more.


No comments:

Post a Comment