Wednesday 15 June 2022

Dragon Pie

I spent some time examining the overpriced sandwiches which looked as if they’d been manhandled too much for my liking. Then at the rear I discovered a cafeteria serving a variety of hot food. It looked fresh and intriguing and I was thinking about bangers and mash when I cam across the Dragon Pie. I enquired and discovered that it was a potato pie with vegetables covered in a hot sauce and coated with cheese. Amazingly, it came with sides too so I had more potatoes in the form of chips, plus some peas, all for £8.95. Food obtained; I just needed a place to sit. The whole site wasn’t busy or rammed with tables full of empty plates. I wanted somewhere quiet and not in the middle where I’d take up a lot of space for other people. I found a quiet table in a conservatory with a view of a man-made hill which hid the view of the car park. At the top of the hill was a waterfall which fell into a small pond below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment