Wednesday 9 May 2018

The Casual Vacancy by J.K Rowling

The Casual VacancyThe Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

If you ever thought that the characters of Harry Potter could get kinky, then this story proves you right. J.K. Rowling holds nothing back in this humorous and bitterly twisted tale of rural England where everyone fights their own corner and follows their own motives while ultimately getting their just deserts. There’s graphic abuse where you would never expect it and towards the end I just kept turning the pages faster and faster. I loved the anticipation and all the plotlines coming together for a tragic ending. I actually thought that Parminder would be a bit more directly responsible for a tragic ending because of her unfocused driving after her return from the meeting with the social workers. I love flicking back to re-read random passages of the book and am going to have to put it away properly somewhere. And thanks must go to the good people at Argos from whence I got this book as part of their charity fundraising.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment