Saturday 26 May 2018

A half-arsed Assessment

There’s a new tactic in town to make us sell more insurance at work. Not only do we have to make a quality offer; there’s also key words that we must legally use to ensure that we’re selling the item correctly. And this new tactic is for a supervisor to listen in on the offer and talk about it with the colleague afterwards. Now I didn’t get in retail to sell insurance, and in the past I’ve always been told to offer it in a light-hearted way so as not to pressurise the customer into buying it. So if someone says no when I’m not halfway through then I stop. But I got marked down for this. The new tactic is to be a robot and continue making the offer so that you’re sure that your customer has got all the information to make an informed decision. Now to a customer it seems that you’re becoming that robot and you’re ignoring them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment