Tuesday 29 May 2018

Brewsters Aromantica at the Pillar of Rock, Bolsover


I thought I’d treat myself to a pint before exploring Bolsover Castle, and as the cask marque was a Wetherspoons I decided to eat here too as there would be plenty of time to walk it off before the drive back. I couldn’t get on the actual pub car park but I did find a free car park behind the library. The pub is quite modern and open-plan, and it’s a small venue for a Wetherspoons. There’s a few fake bookcases to divide the pub up into sections. I found a comfy table in a corner by the door and ordered an ultimate burger alongside my pint, but I wasn’t impressed. It’s here that I discovered Henderson’s Relish for the first time. I wondered if it was a Yorkshire version of Worcestershire sauce, and tried some on my chips. It was a bitter cross between soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce, and I have to say I’m not a fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment