Tuesday 15 May 2018

Stuffed by the Stock Market


When you work for a company for a long time; you see it go through several changes. And when you change owners it only gets even more worrying. At one point I had a pretty good stake in the company and was due a decent pay-out as a shareholder. Then the company got took over and I was offered a pretty raw deal because of the merger. After sitting down and working through the math; I worked out that I’d be making a loss by accepting the deal, so I decided to sell out my current stock rather than sit down and work through all the paperwork. I did try to get back onto the scheme once the new company decided to try to start the same thing, but their infrastructure wasn’t set up right, so I didn’t bother. I didn’t want to be screwed again. I could have got some independent financial advice but that would have cost me more money.

No comments:

Post a Comment