Thursday 31 May 2018

Thornbridge Jaipur IPA at the Watts Russell Arms, Alstonefield

I left my previous pub disappointed but read in my guidebook that there was another pub worth visiting just down the hill. It had eccentric opening times but was worth the visit. I headed down and today it was open. It was an old stone farmhouse hidden behind a clump of bushes with a few spaces for a couple of cars in front. There was a square table in a corner with stacks of books, board games and rainy-day activities. There was a lounge on the opposite side of the bar while my side had a long row of perch seating. A small and stout man was doing the accounts as I walked in; but didn’t exactly give a friendly welcome seeing as I was the only patron in at the time. I still had a bit of walking to do but couldn’t resist the calling of Thornbridge’s famous Jaipur IPA. Given the welcome; I opted to sit outside and enjoy my pint in their decked beer garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment