Friday 1 June 2018

Caution with the Concessions


It’s difficult to be understood when you’re travelling abroad; least of all when you’re queuing to get served in a concessions kiosk at a stall where the staff don’t give a damn. This was our attempt to try an American hotdog; and was probably in the wrong place as the stand was government-owned rather than an independent owner. As well as my hot dog we’d decided on a steak sandwich and some fries to share. All the sales tax was included so I thought I’d worked the prices out right. I placed my order and she turned her back to get the first item right away; but said ‘I’m listening’ and ordered the other items. It was only after I’d left the queue that I realised that I’d been overcharged for a combo meal but I didn’t receive a drink. Plus, there weren’t any options for onions or relish; you just chose your ketchup and off you went. I wasn’t prepared to get back in the queue so I had to let it go. Still, we had a nice picnic in the National Mall and found some shade under a tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment