Monday 18 June 2018

Pub Scrabble

I don’t mind a good game of Scrabble on my birthday; or even playing it in the pub. But when you have to abandon your game to move onto the next pint, you know that something’s wrong. I took a photo of the board and the letters that I had remaining; but I’ve got no idea what the other players had for their letters or even how many they were. I’ve got no idea what’s on the right side of the board either. It’s probably just as well as one of my opponents knew all the cheeky small two letter high scoring words that I’d never have a chance to remember after a few beers. And my letters are terrible. I’ve only got what’s on the board to work with and make it into a three-letter word at best. But still, if we can’t finish the game and I’m the only one with the evidence, and it’s my birthday, then surely I win by default?

No comments:

Post a Comment