Saturday 16 June 2018

On the Pull

The crazy cat lady has had her time taken up with cats. When she’s not chasing them or posting about them, she’s looking after them for other people. And in this case, this cat was going absolutely wild for me. I’d only popped round for a birthday drink before heading out for a few drinks. I’d been playing with a small dog earlier and you’d think that that would put it off. But all this creature wanted to do was to curl up in my lap and purr. There’d be the odd distraction or five-minute lapse, but its priority was simply to lick my elbow. Even the catnip couldn’t get it away. So, there I was in my friend’s sister’s house with a great big ball of fur on top, a giant framed edition of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone mounted on the wall in the smallest print to read; and a glass of cider to sip.

No comments:

Post a Comment