Thursday 14 June 2018

A bit off the Top

It’s bank holiday and there’s a beer festival in the next village for me to get to. I walk down every year and there’s always someone there that I know. But this year I’ve been tasked with gardening before I’m allowed to head off. So I don my shorts and shears and climb up to cut the hedge overhanging our garden. I’m armed with nothing but a stool and a foot ladder. I do the outside first and chuck as much rubbish as I can over the fence so that I’ve got less rubbish to carry back round with me. The neighbours are impressed that I’m making an effort and that they’re getting enough light and less troublesome branches in front of their homes. As I sweep up the branches on the pavement, one of them lets me throw the branches in a skip that he keeps in front of his garage.

No comments:

Post a Comment