Friday 8 June 2018

Getcha Hair Cut!

I’ve been going to the same family of barbers since I was five. Even when they moved premises 200 yards down, I followed them across the road. Nowadays though, it’s getting a bit more awkward to catch them at a quieter time; especially now that the father’s retired. In the past I have waited for up to an hour; and there’s no chance of getting appointments. Evidently the constant custom keeps them in business. So the hunt is on for a new barber. I’ve tried a few of the foreign Turkish barbers and haven’t been impressed. One of them asked for me to make an appointment as he wasn’t accepting walk-ins today. And having my hair shaved off by a chav in a tattoo while bellowing out to his mates doesn’t really do it for me. I like a chat. That’s why I go to Terry’s now. It’s still a walk-in service, but it’s quiet and he’s happy to take his time to do a good job.

No comments:

Post a Comment