Tuesday 12 June 2018

Time for Tea


Tea is always a difficult thing. There are too many variants and everyone likes to take theirs differently. If it was up to me I’d just turn up with a jug of hot water and a teabag inside a mug alongside a smaller jug full of milk and a pot of sugar. Yes, you can make it how you damn well like; providing that your preferred choice of milk is available. And if you want a particular bag or blend or cane then I’m happy to point you in the direction of the nearest shop. So, no effort and no complaints. If you’re a regular, then it’s not a problem to memorise your preferences and work them into my own routine. There’s also the vessel conundrum. If I give you a cup with a saucer or a souvenir mug of the best bone china; which is the most treasured? Which is expendable? There’s just too many variables in making a cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment