Friday 18 May 2018

Last Orders for Golf?

I was in a pub (no surprises there) and I was chatting with a friend and mentioned that we hadn’t played golf in a while. So the next day he took me up on the offer and we decided to go to our local driving range. We had very fond memories of this course as we’d played there from a young age. As well as the range; there’d be a pitch and putt course on the opposite side of the hill. We particularly enjoyed the seventh hole which had a small pond, and we either had to play it safe and go around it or take the shorter but riskier option of driving over it. I remember that once I cleared the pond followed by the course, and the next thing I heard was a thud thud thud as the ball hit tarmac onto the car park of the industrial unit next door. Sadly, they’ve now decided to turn it into a laser tag site.

No comments:

Post a Comment