Monday 14 May 2018

Double DDs

We were up and wide awake and ready to explore Washington; but first; breakfast. This can sometimes be hard to get when you’re travelling on a budget and you don’t want to fork out on the expensive convenience of your hotel. We needed somewhere close as we had to back at the hotel for a pre-appointed time. Our guide had recommended buying some cereal from the grocery store; but then we would have needed milk; bowls and spoons. So we had a wander around and ended up at Dunkin’ Donuts. This was a busy shop and it looked like everyone was going in for breakfast before travelling onwards to work. I was quite tempted to try the coffee but things were already heating up outside, so I opted to do without my insides doing the same. Once we’d been understood; we had to move to a different counter to collect our food; which I only figured out after I started reading my receipt as order numbers were being announced. We settled down to what looked like a McDonald's version of breakfast in the plastic chairs; having shelled out nine dollars each. Luckily; this did include a large bottle of orange juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment