Tuesday 6 December 2022

Marvellous Mario

As I enter the exhibition halls, more and more people start to appear in cosplay costumes and some of them are being screened to get through security. There’s crowds of people circulating through the aisles in costumes and others stooping to take pictures. There’s a whole gang of batmen and I’ve got no idea if they’re attendees or part of the staff so I feel a little weary of taking photographs. But then I find my friend who’s a veteran attendee and knows the protocol. He’s dressed as Super Mario and tells me that’s it’s generally OK so long as you ask them first and most people are very friendly. I guess that they want to meet you first to make sure that you’re not a looney and that you’re going to be decent enough of what to do with the pictures. We walk about and I take note of the things that I’d like to explore then we head to a talk about a Magna toy launch.


No comments:

Post a Comment