Thursday 12 May 2022

Whisky in them there Hills

An overnight road closure because of the windy weather forced me to head east rather than north and drive up alongside Loch Ness, adding half an hour and twenty minutes to my journey. Once again, I hit the outskirts of Inverness. I’ve always passed through this place and I’ve never stopped off to visit. The outer roundabout with its retails parks and McDonalds is starting to become a bit too familiar, as well as the sight of the town’s level crossing. I’d like to say that there was stunning scenery from thereon in, but most of it was a dual carriageway, sometimes hindered by a steep hill and a set of roadworks. What surprised me was the number of distilleries that I passed. At least the traffic wasn’t heavy and it wasn’t any problem at all to pull over into a layby where I could enjoy some coast with a pre-packaged sandwich.    

No comments:

Post a Comment