Wednesday 4 May 2022

Isle of Skye Gold at Saucy Mary's Bar, Kyleakin

I thought it’d be good to finish off the trip with a meal out at the local pub. We’d found that they only do pizzas so the others weren’t so keen to eat but were interested in going for a drink. As we approached, the place did seem a bit run down, but the big attraction were the bikers. There was some form of private party in progress, but we were quite happy sitting outside anyway. I’m not sure why but they refused to serve my friend a soft drink. I went in afterwards and got served without any problems at all. Perhaps they thought that she was underaged, or that I was a hardened biker as I was wearing a scruffy jacket. Maybe it was my confident bar manner. But it did make the others want to get back to the cottage as quickly as possible. Pizza was good though.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment