Friday 20 May 2022

Inveralmond Lia Fail at the Earl of Zetland, Grangemouth

I was looking for somewhere to take an evening meal and found what I thought was a Wetherspoons. It was an interesting building that had been converted from a church, and it still held the outer doors and adjoining pews leading upstairs to the restrooms. Inside was a cavernous environment and the bar was built over the old organs. Unfortunately, I couldn’t see any menus out, and I soon established that the place was a former Wetherspoons and food stopped at 8pm. My next course of action was to buy a pint and have a think about what to do next. After browsing on my phone, I found a takeaway that I could try, and I also managed to book myself a canal trip on the Falkirk wheel for the following day. Pleased with my antics, I relaxed as I finished my pint. Unfortunately, one of the locals didn’t take to my browsing, and thought that I was filming him. I explained that I was on the web, and it took a while for him to be reassured. I felt that this isn’t the sort of pub that welcomed newcomers, and the pub has since folded.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment