Sunday 22 May 2022

A Night on the Toon

Food was now the priority of the day. Although I was due to eat a hot breakfast tomorrow, I still wanted a hot meal. There were restaurants nearby, but having experienced the local Scottish welcome, I opted for a takeaway. A kebab would be good. I found a fish and chip shop in a corridor of estate shops and decided to give a kebab a whirl. I popped in and it looked like they were closing for the night. I asked for a kebab in a naan with salad, and he popped a fresh naan onto the grill. Then the meat was added and my choice of sauces was requested. I asked for yoghurt and mint and was told that he’d never heard of that one, so I settled for mayonnaise. The next place was where to eat it? There wasn’t a particular choice of scenic views, so it made sense to sneak it back to my hotel room.

No comments:

Post a Comment