Saturday 3 November 2018

Too early for a Tree?

This year we bought a new Christmas Tree in the Black Friday sale. We bought it with some loyalty vouchers together with our weekly grocery shop. One evening I got home from the pub and thought; I’d better make sure that it all fits together otherwise if we need to take it back to replace it they may have sold out. And so in late November, construction began. It took a while as I had to smooth out all the branches and work out which clump fitted into where. When it was done I decided to leave it up to show Mum that it was OK before putting it back in its box. She was quite proud when she saw it built up in the dining room, but rather than asking me to take it back down again she went one step further and began the decorating. It was kind of like having Christmas in July.

No comments:

Post a Comment