Saturday 4 July 2015

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Even though the comic inventions are approaching the thinner side; this book starts to weave Rowling’s carefully woven tale together. As Harry progresses into yet more magical education; Dumbledore starts to reveal his plan to us of how Lord Voldermort can be defeated and order restored to the world once again. Friends begin to turn into foes and vice versa; as no-one is sure of who to trust and which plan should be followed through. I just love the start of this book; it’s so original and it’s also a great way to recap the action of the previous five books. As well as plenty of high school rivalry and misfortune; we learn yet more history of the wizarding world and of how our favourite foes came to be. The tragic twist at the end was never expected; though for me it was given away as I was in America when the book was published and I wouldn’t dream of adding a book that size to my luggage allowance. Anyway, a ten year old spoilt the whole twist for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment