Sunday 26 July 2015

The Deeger

As I was driving to work in that lovely early hour when the sun was still rising; a strange creature caught my eye. I often spot rabbits, birds, deer, foxes and dead badgers and cats, but I just couldn't work out what this was. What I saw by the side of the road was a deer’s head and neck attached to the body and legs of a brown badger. The creature was trying to cross the road but headed back into the bushes when it saw the car coming. But just what did I see? Some rare glimpse of a new species? A deformed cross-breed escaped from a scientific laboratory out for its first taste of freedom? Or maybe I imagined it in my dozy state. Of course it might be perfectly possible for the badger to be standing in front of of the deer; hiding its face in the grass. What was even odder was that the sun was never seen for the rest of the day and it was completely overcast with drizzle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment