Wednesday 15 July 2015

Marstons New World at the Blue Boar, Binton

To ensure that my Cask Marque Ale Trail was making progress, this week I decided to call in at the Blue Boar Inn just outside Stratford. It’s a country pub in the middle of no-where, but it is also being listed in Binton, Temple Grafton and Alcester! Not knowing what to expect; I had a vision of a foody pub with a handful of weary locals. As I came in the car park was packed, but as I entered the pub I heard the throngs of an acoustic guitar as the evening’s entertainment was being set up for a local open mic night. I soon found my way to the bar, where the locals were very friendly and got to know everyone who came into the pub for a drink. The only problem was that they were perched right outside the cask marque certificate that I wanted to scan; which was the main reason that I chose to visit the pub! But despite being tied to Marstons; the beer was in excellent condition and the atmosphere was very pleasant. Try it yourself:  

No comments:

Post a Comment