Monday 6 July 2020

What is a sign that you need to get up and walk out of the car dealership?

I was in the need for a different car. I hadn’t decided whether to have a new or used one, but my local Vauxhall dealer was doing a special on new Corsas with a good service package. I popped down to see the dealer who immediately offered a test drive. So we took one for a few miles up the local by-pass. On our way back, I’d just exited the roundabout and thought I’d stalled it. I blushed with embarrassment and re-started the engine, only for the dealer to look at the dashboard and tell me that it’s ran out of fuel. So we sat there with the hazard lights on with other cars trying to pass us while he got onto the garage to arrange for a colleague to bring us some fuel over. When we got back to his desk; the whole matter seemed to be forgotten about. He was offering a very low amount for the trade-in citing the age and condition of the car (which the next dealer practically doubled) and said that I couldn’t choose the colour as he only had a few in stock for the promotion. If I buy a brand-new car, I want to have the choice of what colour it should be. There was something very not right here which made me feel that I shouldn't part with my money. Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment