Tuesday 14 July 2020

Mr. Sandman

The beautiful weather taking place during lockdown means that more people are keener than ever to get out into the garden. They’re trying to grab as much equipment as they can to help them do it; and anything and everything is flying out the window. My brother who’s a builder wanted some play sand for the kids alongside the rest of his family. I don’t know if it’s cheaper than the real thing or whether it’s more expensive because it’s been treated, but it was up to me to track some down. I attempted to order some in to the store that I’m working at, but as we’re not open to the public someone kept cancelling the order. This meant a round trip on the motorway to Oldbury to get some. The good news was that the roads were quiet and they’d finished the roadworks up to the junction that I needed to come off at. The bad news was that I forgot to take a trolley to collect the sand, which meant a fine bit of juggling with my shopping bag as I made my way back to the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment