Thursday 18 April 2019

Lickey Laughing

My friend’s a Yorkshire lad and was totally bemused by the name of the Lickey Hills. He really wanted to pay them a visit for the bragging rights, if only to stick his tongue out at them. We decided on a traditional rambler’s day out and got equipped with a few Subway sandwiches to keep us going on the trip. We also chewed on the fat along the way and discussed our future dreams and ambitions; and I even bought a souvenir keyring to add to my collection. But the best discovery of all was a crudely drawn map which was available to purchase for the princely sum of a whole pound. Amazingly, this map showed the location of the legendary missing golf course from my childhood, alongside a duckpond that I’d never seen before. My friend was game for a bit more exploring so after lunch we followed a footpath down the other side of the hill where I discovered that a main road separates the park into two. What we found on the north side truly amazed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment