Thursday 4 April 2019

Fussing about Fabrics

Mum’s away on holiday and it’s got to the point where I need to do some clothes washing so that I have a clear uniform to wear at work. I’m also told that we’re out of detergent and that it’s down to me to get some more; and even though I must fetch it and pay for it; I don’t have the choice of what brand to get. I’m further informed that we no longer use fabric softener. This may explain why some of my clothes smell of mothballs. It’s possible that we have too many clothes in our cupboards and that we don’t wear them often enough to get through a full cycle; so the fresh clothes smell is often trapped within the musk of the wardrobe. But when you leave damp clothes to dry out in a room, the last thing that you want is a room smelling of damp and sweat. So I chucked in some fabric softener which worked wonders. The clothes came out fluffy and dry too. But then again, I don’t iron. I just hang them up and let gravity do the work. So I guess that the iron steams the freshness into the clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment