Sunday 22 July 2018

Just Desserts?

I’ve made a boo-boo. I was a little tired and I’d been at work all day, and I didn’t really want to go out to see a film, but my friend was keen that we’d be one of the first to see it. So I had to drive to pick him up, and I was taking him back. I also had to get him actually in the cinema and arrange the tickets as well. It didn’t help that the fire alarm went off during the film, which meant that we had to evacuate the cinema. After getting him into his wheelchair and getting him to the fire exit, we were told to go back to the lobby to await further instructions. After ten minutes the all-clear was sounded and we were told to go back to our screens and the film would be reset. It was actually re-wound a full half hour and someone from the audience had to go back into the lobby to tell them that we didn’t have any sound. Needless to say, I was tired and not happy; and would have appreciated a little thank you for dropping him home. Did I go too far by telling him or am I being taken for granted?

No comments:

Post a Comment