Monday 30 July 2018

The Numbers Game

Now that we have targets, I have to keep track of the numbers to make sure that everyone’s pulling their weight. It’s my job to make sure that we’re over the mark, and that we have the right resources to hit our target. We get an allowance of one item a minute, and thirty seconds for the smaller items. I used to calculate our hit target so we know when to relax; but we’ve gotten to hitting the target so often lately that I don’t bother. As the putaway area for the smaller items are close together, we can sometimes get ourselves an extra ten seconds per item, which really adds up when we’re struggling around trying to find space for the bigger stuff later on. I can keep an eye on how many items we get away every fifteen minutes, so I know when we have to push ourselves and when we can relax. Sometimes it’s quite tight, and we have to rely on an average score for the week to get us through.

No comments:

Post a Comment