Friday 13 July 2018

Excavation of the RAG Shed #dreamdiary 56

There’s a shed that we used to keep all our large equipment in towards the back of our old Student’s Union. One of the tasks that I was appointed with during my time as Chair of the organisation was to clear it out. It’s mostly souvenirs from old projects; piles of buckets, a binbag full of plastic ducks and tons of paperwork. Seventeen years later, I get a call to say it’s time to clear it out again. I’m no longer a student and don’t live anywhere close to the property, but I take up the nostalgic challenge and agree to help clear it out. There’s a large padlock on its old wooden door and there’s much jangling of keys to get it open. Inside there’s piles of paperwork stacked to the ceiling amidst stacks of storage boxes. There’s no equipment but I’m told that the whole thing must go to make room. And there’s no skip in sight as promised. As I’ve been away from the organisation for several years I decide to try and find the current chair to discuss what’s necessary and what isn’t. As I cross the bridge over the river; I’m told that I’m late for a lecture. I reply that I’m not a student any more. I’m then asked whether my final lecture was at ten or eleven. I remember one exam conflicting with another at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment