Thursday 12 July 2018

A Sixties View of the Beatles

I’ve been following the Beatles towards the end of my teens. I never actually got to see them live but I always followed them on the radio and in the news as part of Beatlemania. To actually sit in the venue where the fab four have played is amazing. Times have changed and I don’t get up and dance like I used to and I’m usually on the receiving end of screams when it comes to pub ballads. The place is so packed that there’s no room to dance but I cheer on the people that do; especially when they’ve been sitting on the floor waiting for the music to start. I really enjoyed singing along to the classics. It was also good fun to hear some modern tunes to get the younger crowd singing along as well. Above all, I found it very emotional that I’d made it to the home of the Fab Four; even though none of them were there; and was amazed to see that their success lives on.

No comments:

Post a Comment