Saturday 14 July 2018

Goodrich Castle


There’s a long lane between the visitor’s centre and the actual castle; during which I overhear a conversation between a school party leader and a curator about their CCTV. Whether they were trying to stop it or find someone remained unclear, but I continue to my first view of the walls. The castle’s entrance is very interesting as there’s a large circular reception platform before the drawbridge. Unfortunately I have to wait until I’m in the castle walls to take a photo as there’s a small team resurfacing it. The castle is quite traditional with its walkways, dungeons and towers; and though it offers a nice view of the local landscape it’s nothing exceptional. The audio tour directs me into the moat where the kids are running wild for their playtime, so I decide to move on. The café has little to offer in terms of food, so I decide to try further on down the road and try a service station where I find a Gregg’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment