Tuesday 31 July 2018

Fail to Win

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. Twenty-six times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

Successful people don’t fail because they’re not quitters. They keep going. More importantly, they keep trying. And while statistically they’ve lost the game in front of them, they learn from their mistakes to improve their performance. And it’s frustrating when you start out as you have nothing but failure in front of you. But to be the best, you have to keep going. You have to try again. You have to make sure that your wins outnumber the losses. But it’s vital that you learn where you’ve gone wrong. How did you competitors gain the advantage? Was there anything preventing you from giving your best performance? What can you do to turn your next attempt into a success? Can you get anyone to help you? Or is it all down to you? Those who win also know what failure looks like, and they know that if they give up, they’ll experience it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment