Tuesday 3 July 2018

The risk-taker

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbour, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -Mark Twain

It’s time to try new things. For too long, I’ve been putting things off and each day I face the same old story. I need to change drastically. I will become very stuck if I let things continue. Every day I let too many tasks get unaccomplished. Am I pushing myself too much? Or am I afraid of not doing enough by avoiding conflict and not taking enough risks? I think that the discover phase is over apart from my personal life; I just need to buckle down and get on with my to-do list rather than sit indoors and do the same old things. After all, I’m used to being let down by now. They say that life is more surprising if you don’t plan so that more exciting things will happen to you. Well, it’s not working out so far, so I need to devise a better plan and stick to it. That way, I won’t be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment