Tuesday 14 November 2017

The Enormous Turnip

There’s nothing sweeter than your young niece starring and directing a play in your back garden that she’s learnt at school. Add an even younger niece who just wants to join in and copy all the actions alongside a nanny who’s struggling to keep up and you’ve got comedy gold; especially when only one person knows what they’re doing. You’ve also got to wonder about the actions that they’re doing. Nanny must have seized up while crouching in position for so long. I don’t think that I’ve ever had a vegetable wave at me before; especially one with the ability to grow and shrink at will. But I’ll think I’ll pass on the stew. At least the pie will have something else inside it. Perhaps in future productions we could take advantage of the long grass on the stage and crawl across the ground to munch the enormous turnip. But it’s much easier to say ‘aw’ and admire their cuteness.

No comments:

Post a Comment