Saturday 25 November 2017

Spoo7

After watching the Daniel Craig Bond films over Christmas; I came across this video on Amazon. The title and blurb looked interesting; a shortish film featuring a mock Bond visiting the entire genre from Dr. No to Skyfall. But what a bore. All we actually see is a bloke in a tuxedo struggling to say his name before he gets shot by the on-screen assassin hiding behind the famous gun barrel shot. In between we’re shown scenes which are heavily titled from other films; all of which have something going terribly wrong for the main protagonist. There’s no plotline or links between the scenes; and I found myself skipping through many of the films that I haven’t yet seen or heard of as I wouldn’t understand the parody. These very short clips have misspelled titles; partly to avoid copyright laws; and are published at both ends of each clip in case you fast-forward too far and miss the start of something that you might want to see. Surely this sort of thing should be on Youtube rather of being marketed on Amazon as a professional production. I didn’t laugh once.

No comments:

Post a Comment