Wednesday 8 November 2017

Not a Unified Uniform

Our group can often be identified by our brewery shirts. Traditionally, we’ve always got them sponsored then we make up the rest through our event profits. But when it comes to our own social events; we have to fork out for them ourselves. Now; I’m happy to pay for something that I want to wear; but when I’m required to wear it as a uniform I’m a bit sceptical if I’m buying something that I don’t like, especially if I’ve got something in a similar colour. If I do wear my similar colour; then from a distance it looks like that I’ve blended in with the crowd; but up close you can immediately see that I’m the odd one out. It makes me look like a sergeant amongst the corporals. But if I don’t at least wear the same colour; it makes me look like a tagalong or a late addition. I think a sandstone colour is a novel idea when you’re going to the beach; but mid-April isn’t exactly beach weather. Then again; that week did turn out to be one of the hottest of the year. Perhaps next year shorts and branded sandals are in order; or maybe even a sunhat.

No comments:

Post a Comment