Wednesday 7 April 2021

We Stop for No-one

We were all prepared to leave when suddenly one of the more sozzled members of our party realises that she hasn’t got her mobile phone with her. Everyone’s checking under the seat and preparing the driver to go back to the venue and I’m trying to ask her if she’s enabled the find my phone function to deaf ears until my manager repeats it during a gap in the noise. And of course she hasn’t. the think is that I feel a little bit guilty as I did see a handbag on the floor by the chair that she was sitting on with her coat on top of it; and I did sit there to talk to another table when everyone had started moving around. I might have been responsible to knocking it out of her coat. I can’t remember whether she found it in her handbag or whether she returned the next day to make enquiries. I don’t think we turned around anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment