Friday 30 April 2021

I did #devilsdaughter 18

 A large crash came from the chapel doors.

‘Stop the service! Stop the service! There are a few reasons why this ceremony cannot go ahead! An old man in a grey shirt, lack tie and brown shoes came sprinting down the aisle with papers in his hand.

‘Madam, I apologise but I cannot find any record of who you say you are but the principal reason that this service cannot go ahead is that Sir’s card has been declined.’

There was a gasp from the knave followed by absolute silence. ‘Can anyone fund the ceremony?’ asked the old man.

There was a brief period of absolute silence followed by a feminine giggle. ‘Let me handle this’ said Lucinda. ‘Let’s step into your office where we can quickly try my card and I’ll prove my identity at the same time.’ She stepped towards him, making her presence felt to everyone with each step.

No comments:

Post a Comment