Monday 25 January 2021

Roaming About

I relied too much on technology for this trip. Sometimes it was out of sync, and sometimes it didn’t work at all. I’d downloaded a local map of the area to save data, but I still had to rely on GPS to ensure that we were going the right way. And because I was using a foreign network, it took a bit of time to update and determine the actual direction we were travelling in. This cost us quite a dash one morning as I thought that we were following the tramlines down to the harbour but what I didn’t realise that one of the stations that we passed fed into a second tramline. This meant that we had to turn around and make a dash so that we could catch our ferry. What also hit hard was the phone bill. It ran up to £50 for using data outside the EU area. Ouch!  


No comments:

Post a Comment