Friday 22 January 2021

Lego Star Wars: The [in]Complete Saga

I love the humour of the Lego games and their animations. Some of the levels are huge and they’re packed with hidden features to find. My favourite one was discovering a disco version of the Star Wars theme. I didn’t really master the art of lightsaber fighting with the Wii remote, and found it much easier with the button pushing. What I do find strange with modern-day games is the lives structure. In old school games if you ran out of lives you had to start again. This would mean that you spent hours scouting out all the cheats to collect as many lives as possible. Nowadays, you just respawn where you fell. Mind you, for a game this big, that would drive you mad. It took me ages to find the missing minikit pieces in the timed levels, then it took me a while to work out that I hadn’t finished the Super Story either. Strictly, I didn’t finish the last level within the hour, but it still gave me the completion bonus. I was a bit disappointed with the 100% completion bonus which gave an anti-climax to the game, especially when I completed without the aid of any walkthroughs. I was hoping that it would be something a bit more fun. Perhaps they ran out of room on the disc. Of course, we all know now that there’s at least another three stories coming out. Whether this will be added to the next generation of consoles will remain to be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment