Saturday 16 January 2021

Clangers Talk

I’m not a big fan of The Clangers. As far as I can see, it’s about a load of mice who squeak in a foreign language, or at least a language disguised as muffling. You can make out the phrase ‘Goodbye’ quite easily. It might have been entertaining in the days that anything cute and colourful that moved was considered watchable for children or at least a distraction for them. But nowadays there’s actions and plotlines and everyone’s looking for a punchline. For all we know, these mice could be swearing at us and asking us to pull our pants down. I wonder if other characters eventually materialise if you keep talking or if you get a new character each time. Or perhaps the algorithm just mimics what you say. It might be entertaining if you’ve watched the show, but for me it’s annoying rather than reminiscent and I remember that I have better things to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment