Tuesday 6 October 2020

Product Placement #dreamdiary 95

 I’m walking through a square in a shopping centre. There’s a bundle of unmarked parcels in the centre marked with tissue paper. Suddenly, four Christmas trees are lowered down from the ceiling and start revolving around the atrium to the tune of the Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy. Ballerinas and toy soldiers are bursting out of the boxes and are prancing around the square. Me and my fellow shoppers stand in delighted surprise at the scene displayed in front of us. Snowflakes and glitter are being sprayed everywhere. Then the music stops and a man comes forward and thanks everyone for appearing in their Christmas advertisement. When I look up, I see a balcony surrounding the square which is filled with the nation’s press which immediately begin taking pictures with their cameras. Afterwards I’m told that I was chosen to appear in the ad because of my big smiling face; but how they got me to be in the right place at the right time to record my genuine surprised reaction without any prior notification along with everyone else is beyond me.

No comments:

Post a Comment