Tuesday 20 October 2020

Amazon Fire TV Stick

I got this once my TV aerial gave up the ghost which limited me to just watching DVDs. The idea of being able to livestream some channels and a new selection of content each month became quite sound. The technology to use this is quite simple. One end goes into the TV and the other goes into the mains. And then with the help of a remote control it’s on. It can be surprisingly slow at times, and the remote can be particularly difficult to respond once I’ve plugged it in. Sometimes it’s quicker to ask my dot to load it for me. I often have to have two or three attempts at loading apps, but I have got the older model. I sometimes get a blurry black and white screen, but sometimes the power adapter gets tilted. I don’t know if that’s the cause. Once it gets going, it’s fine. But I need to remember to use the firestick’s sleep function rather than my TV’s one so that it doesn’t stream too far ahead of what I remember I’ve watched.  

No comments:

Post a Comment