Wednesday 7 October 2020

The First

I’m proud to recall that I was the first person ever in my town to receive a Tu clothing parcel through Argos. There was a small gathering of wonder when the package arrived. Within it contained the most abrasive pair of canvas shoes that I’d ever seen; although they looked pretty slick at the time and were at a decent price too. I think that they came in a plastic bag rather than a show box which should have given the game away. The material was quite thin and the inside heel felt like it was worn down to the bone after a while. It didn’t help that in a rush to take them off I was practically digging my heels into the backs rather than attempt to untie the knotted laces. Perhaps as it was a first batch the quality might have improved since; or a resolution to take better care of my possessions may be in order. In either case I haven’t felt the need to find out.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment