Thursday 22 October 2020

The bus #dreamdiary 96

 It’s time for my annual holiday with my college friends. I’ve got an excellent deal on a motorhome. It’s got an upstairs living area at the back which overlooks the kitchen, and in the front is the driver’s seat which has berths above. I’ve achieved the task of picking everyone up; but the only problem is that I haven’t planned a route. I spend the first morning driving to a Tudor mansion which everyone is happy to explore. There’s a lovely banquet room with a view of the mountains; but it doesn’t keep us there for long. During lunch I confess that I haven’t got much further and that nothing is booked. We sit around the kitchen table with a large map in front of us. Everyone is trying to keep positive by searching on their phones for ideas but at the same time I can feel hidden resentment because I haven’t done my homework. I might be in for a long night drive…

No comments:

Post a Comment